Grants Transport Limited has been providing Transportation With Integrity for over 50 years.
J.M. (Morgan) Grant purchased McKenzie Cartage in 1947. The company had two trucks, three employees with a license and contract to haul mining equipment from Wabi Iron Works in New Liskeard to the mines in Northern Ontario.
By 1950, the company had grown to 15 employees and had added more equipment. During 1952, the company acquired a C license to transport truck loads from and to the Tri-Towns area and became incorporated. Over the next few years, the company also obtained class D and class E licenses. With increased business, the company purchased a larger piece of property in 1958 and constructed larger offices, shop and docking facilities. At this time, the company obtained a class A license allowing the pick up and delivery of small parcels or part loads from Toronto to any location north of North Bay to Englehart. During 1958 & 1959, the company added more equipment and in 1960 opened a depot in Toronto.
During the 1960s, the company again experienced growth and obtained a class A license for all of Northern Ontario.
During the early 1980s, Grants Transport Limited began hauling wood chips and purchased a fleet of flat deck trailers to diversify it haulage business. In the mid 1980s, a tanker was purchased to haul our own fuel. Over the next ten years Grants Transport secured several fuel haulage contracts with major petroleum companies growing its petroleum fleet. In the early 1990s Grants Transport displayed its innovation to the industry by being the first in Eastern Canada to add several two-way (wood products south and petroleum products north) petroleum tankers to its fleet.
The company moved to its present location at 251 Gray Road in New Liskeard during 1994. A new 5,000 sq. ft. office and 16,000 sq. ft. shop was constructed on 20 acres of property.
In 1998 Grants Transport Limited acquired the assets of G.R.W. Petroleum in Ottawa and additional assets in Toronto, again growing our Petroleum hauling fleet of equipment and adding yards in Ottawa and Toronto.
The company has grown from its humble two truck beginning to provide Transportation Service to and from Northern Ontario with TANKER TRAILERS (Petroleum & Chemicals) and VAN DIVISION TRAILERS (Hard, Soft Side & Self Unloading Trailers, Bark, Waste, Sawdust, Chips and Shavings vans). Our fleet of over 170 trailers and 74 tractor units, which includes two pump equipped trucks for the bulk petroleum industry.
Grants Transport Limited remains in the Grant family, and is 100% Canadian owned.
We serve the Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin markets.
You are visitor number